Thursday, September 4, 2008

AFRICA or BUST

Africa here I come! I recently received a letter of information concerning my upcoming expedition, a letter to give me a heads up of my role. Many folks know I am a "planner" and I like all my ducks in a role, as one of my biggest pet-peeves is being unorganized. The letter gave me a list of items and supplies I could work on now, of which I am grateful for. Though the timing will probably be better the last of January through the first of February, is also right after Christmas.
So all in one I am trying to take care of Mom, work as much as I can to pay for my trip, pay for supplies to take and buy and make Christmas gifts. So days all I can think is what would I do if I had nothing to do. Maybe have a nap would a dandy idea, but I have little time to waste.
On my list is school supplies, yarn, fabric, glasses, kids books, rag dolls, and several other things. It also ask if I had something specific I would like to take or teach. Though I haven't come up with to many ideas, I would like to possibly put together some "Compassion Kits" for those women who have AIDS. These woman have been shunned from society and have very little if not nothing. I have thought about how we women all like to smell nice, look nice, and feel nice. I thought a kit with nail polish, lotion, perfume, face cream, etc would be nice. So with that in mind along with several other things I will donate, I will try to donate kits to make so woman I don't know feel better about herself, if only for a little while.
I continue to train to climb the mountain, also I see the Pulmonaligist on September 8th, to get his advice about this crazy idea at my age, and with my past medical history. I've tried to think about what I will do if he says it could be a life threatening idea, possibly climb as high as I can and applaud my efforts, for at least I tried. I have always told Tiff & TJ, finish what you start, and just do the best you can. After all that is all you or anyone else can ask of you or you can ask of yourself.

2 comments:

Suzee said...

Hey,
Thanks for you comments. You are such a wise woman. As I have read your blog, I can just feel the sincerity and wisdom flowing! I am happy that you are getting this chance. I know that you will accomplish this. You are the most determined woman I know. Good luck and please let me know if I could help in any way. I would be willing to donate items or sew anything!!
Suzee

Kel said...

I think those kits sound great. count me in I will start gathering some of those things to so you can take them back with you. Your right, everyone woman should feel like a diva every now and then. I think the appointmemt on the 8th is a good idea, and even if he gives you news that you might not want to hear, you should already feel like you have climbed that damn mountain! What is that saying, "One good deed is better than a thousand good intentions"!, You have definetly done your share of good deeds that you should be very proud of!

Love Kel