Friday, January 16, 2009

My Legacy, My Little Buddy

I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love my children, then I became a "Gam-maw." The love I feel for Brykn is amazing! He makes me laugh when I am sad, he makes me cry when he asks me to "Come to mine house to play" and I can't. Brykn also makes me see there is a great future in this world with his zest for life and positive attitude, after all he thinks Gam-maw and Brykn can do anything.
When I started this incredible journey, it was for me. However, as time as gone on and I have gone far beyond what I ever thought I could, part of me wants to do a positive role model for my Little Buddy. I truly want Brykn to see if you put your heart and sole into some thing anything is possible. I know right now all of this isn't that big of a deal to Brykn, but maybe someday he will say, "Hey do you know what my Grandma did!"

I love you so much Little Buddy, you have given me a purpose in life after I raised your Mom and TJ. You and I have such a special bond, you are my legacy, my little buddy. I love you Brykn, sooooooo much! Look for a photo of the flag you gave me, as I wave it with pride, love, and a sense of accomplishment.

2 comments:

Kel said...

I think you have set an awsome example for that little guy! Think of the stories he will be able to tell his buddies about his grandma kicking that mountain! We are all so inspired!

Our Life said...

Mom, your courage has been amazing. Brykn is a determined, kind, and hard-headed little kid...and, I know exactly where he got those attributes. (Hummm...they must've skipped a generation!) I know he is as proud of you as he can possibly be; and, know that while we may not be with you in body, we are there in spirit!