Monday, January 26, 2009

Party, Party, Party & Fond Farewell


Fond Farewell
The day before I left, Tiffany gave me a journal, so I could write down my thoughts and feelings of this life changing journey. The first page was a note from her, a note that brought tears to eyes and a sense of great pride to my heart.

Mom~~I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you--what an inspiration you are! Since I was little you have always encouraged me to "follow my dreams" and to " dream big." I have tried my best to do just that. But, watching you take your own advise and make one of your own dreams a reality has been absolutely awe inspiring!

I am so excited for you and all the experiences that await you in Africa. And, I am positive this journey will be life changing. I'm sure this will be lessons learned, experience gained and memories made. For that reason I am giving you this journal-in purple of course. I want you to set a goal to tell your African story, one day at a time.

I want to read about it all! From the poor villages, to the medical care, to the trek to the top of Africa. I am sure that through your words we can all experience your trip.

So, here's to the sweat, the tears, the joy, and the experience of a lifetime. Write it down, preserve it and most of all love every minute of it.

Remember it's only a mountain and it can be climbed one step at a time. Put one foot in front of the other and up you'll go!

Good Luck, I love you and I am proud to say you are my Mom.
Love Tiffany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Party, Party, Party

Yesterday, TJ had planned for he and I to go snowmobiling before I left. However, the weather didn't cooperate with the plan as it RAINED all day. So TJ, and I, went rabbit hunting, and riding, something we always use to do. I was excited about just spending time to talk, get a treat, and curse him about his driving.
What I didn't know about the day is Tiff, Buck and TJ had planned a Surprise Going Away Party, in my honor. Luckily, I had cleaned the house the day before. After two hours of riding in on the Elberta Flats, hanging on for dear life,( TJ's driving makes me a little nervous) and talking about life we came home. Home ,where my entire family was sitting in the family room yelling surprise!! I was shocked and couldn't believe all those who came to wish me well. Even though this has been my dream, everyone has also embrace the idea. Tiff had a big dinner all fixed, it was great fun. Thanks Tiff, for planning it and fixing the food, Thanks Buck for being the gopher, and Thanks TJ for the wild ride, just to get me out of the house, and Thanks to all who came just for me! I love you all.

1 comment:

Our Life said...

The party was SOOOO much fun. The best part was when Dad said TJ deserved a purple heart because getting you out of the house was like enduring a 3rd world war! I am so glad we got to do this for you--you deserve it!