Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Faces of Africa
























































































































































































The many faces of Africa will forever be embedded in my mind. Of the fifteen hundred photos I took, these are several of my favorites. I looked for the unusual opportunities to shoot these beautiful people. Their eyes speak volumes of hardship, sadness, joy, love, and life itself. When looking at these photos I can smell the smells of Africa, hear the foreign language along with the broken English, the laughter of children, and feel the love they had for us.

3 comments:

girljr8fan said...

I absolutely agree! What an amazing journey! Thank you for sharing it with everyone!

Kel said...

wow laur, those pictures are really good. I love the one with the little boy with his hat turned up! they look like they should be in a brochure! gOOD JOB!

Brynn said...

These pictures are amazing. You truly captured the spirit of Africa. I am always thinking "I wish I could give this to those cute little Africa kids". And.. It's all because of you!